Getting to know your eyelashes
Eyelashes are very important not only because they enhance the beauty of the face of a woman, but because they protect the eye from any external agent preventing infections and conditions. Eyelashes have lot of important functions such as:
- Healthy and strong eyelashes are desirable not only for esthetical reasons, but for a proper performance of their natural functions.
- They protect the eyes.
- They work as a natural filter of light protecting the eyes from the aggression of ultraviolet rays.
- They act as a barrier against dust and foreign elements brought by the wind.
Basic advises for a proper care
- Daily brushing: not only your hair requires a daily brushing, remember that the structure of eyelashes is very similar to the structure of your hair, therefore it turns out to be very convenient to brush them with a special comb, after that it is recommended to apply a thin layer of castor oil or a strengthening cream especially formulated to favor their development. The brushing should always be done from the lower part to the tips. The dose of the care product you are using for your eyelashes should be minimal in order to prevent the contact between the product and the conjunctiva of the eye and therefore avoid infections.
- Mechanical curlers: before using one of these devises it is recommended to apply over the eyelashes a little bit of colorless mascara with keratin. The fixing effect provided by this mascara will increase the duration of the effect of the curler on the eyelashes. It has to be done very softly, because the curler can pull out the eyelashes if it is not used with proper care. The curler should always be clean and it should not be used by anyone else but you, it is not recommended the exchange between people of this device like with any other stuff of personal use, since the exchange can lead to the spread and contagion of bacterium.
- Curlers with thermal effect can produce a more durable waving.
- Permanent waving: this method is not used with frequency since it is very aggressive and produces the loss of eyelashes. For the curling of eyelashes on this procedure, it is necessary the application of an acid product very similar to the one employed on hair permanent waving, although in this case the concentration is lower.
Makeup removal from eyelashes
Always remember to remove your makeup before going to bed, it is very important, both for hygiene as for protection. If you do not remove the makeup, the mascara will harden and end up breaking up along with your eyelash, which implies a terrible loss, since in some cases (depending on many factors) they may not be replaced leaving an empty space instead. For that you should use a makeup remover for the contour of the eyes that help to remove the mascara without having to rub your eyes avoiding pulling eyelashes out.